Grinding or clenching of teeth usually leads to lot of stress and tension in the mouth area. People who suffer from bruxism, or teeth grinding, experience problems like persistent dull headache or tooth pain, jaw muscle discomfort, difficulty in eating, chewing etc. Grinding refers to moving of the jaw back and forth, while clenching is biting down with pressure for an extended period of time.
You can alleviate the problem by using night guards. The guard acts as a protective layer between your top and bottom teeth.
Night guards at Coomera
Grinding or clenching of teeth is a very common problem and we have many patients who consult us about this. We can fit you with a high quality night guard that will help protect your teeth. We carefully take an impression of your teeth and custom-design a night guard that will be a comfortable fit around your teeth. Night guards support a patient’s jaw muscles and surrounding structures.
Some of the benefits of wearing night guards
- Help you to get a good night’s sleep
- Help you to get rid of morning headaches
- Stops jaw pain
- Stops yourself from damaging your teeth, dentures, crowns
- Prevents dental problems.
Importance of getting a custom made night guard
- Even though custom made night guards are expensive, they are worth the visit to the dentist because
- They provide better alignment for your jaw
- Helps reduce future dental problems
- Do not fall out from your mouth
- Does not make your gums feel uncomfortable
- Long lasting